Wednesday 26 September 2007

Fishing Report: 15th February 07 - Clacton-on-Sea

After my last couple of sessions I had decided to give things a rest for a while. I couldn't last too long without another try at the local Codling and ended up fishing the Gunfleet Sailing Club at Clacton-on-Sea over another latish tide. I fished from 9pm to 1.30am in rough seas with a strong onshore wind and large swells and although the flood tide was very quiet a good slack line bite to frozen Black Lugworm about two hours into the Ebb landed me a Codling of about 1.5 lbs. Nothing to shout about by normal standards but after the rubbish winter I've been having a very welcome change from Rockling and undersize Whiting. Casting into the wind and dealing with the large amounts of weed that were about on the ebb left me a bit knackered (I must be getting old!) but was nice to bring home my tea for a change.