Thursday 27 September 2007

Fishing Report: 29th June 07 - Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea

Is it really June? It felt more like October. Anyway I fished a midnight tide at Bateman's Tower between 10pm and 2am on what I could normally have expected to be a good tide but something is really "out of sorts" with the river at the moment. The weed seems to be dying off really badly, rather than flourishing as it should be and despite plenty of tide run and good colour in the water the fishing is showing no signs of picking up at the moment. To cut a long story short I had one Eel of about 2lb which saved me from a blank and came to Ragworm on my last cast of the night. No other bites at all and the Eel was bright white! SPOOKY! The only other excitement of the night was when I managed to hit the pole that the local sailing types have planted in the way (as the racing start/finish line for their racing). I estimate that if I can hit it enough times with a 150 gram breakaway it will eventually disintegrate.

Unfortunately the lead made the ultimate sacrifice........