Thursday 27 September 2007

Fishing Report: 29th May 07 - River Colne, Essex

Well, with a week off work, I'd originally planned a week of fishing but the weather (and a dose of man-flu over the weekend) seemed to have made their best efforts to put paid to my plans. A last minute look at the weather forecast though spurred me into action last night and I headed off to an upriver mark in an attempt to salvage a bit of fishing time. With a 4.4 metre tide it was a bit borderline as to getting my feet wet at high tide, around about 11:30pm, but I escaped a wetting.....just. The fishing wasn't anything to shout about (this is getting a bit repetitive) and in the end I fished three hours of the flood and a couple of hours of the ebb for very little reward. One small Schoolie came to Ragworm and an Eel of about 12 oz fell to a Peeler Crab bait, both hooked on the flood. The lack of action wasn't a great surprise given the amount of rainwater that must be in the river at present - nice night though.....no rain for a change!