Friday 12 October 2007

Fishing Report: 19th August 07 - Brightlingsea

Unfortunately the weather had roughened up a bit wind-wise during the week which had put a bit of colour in the water, but feeling in need of a "fix" I decided upon a spur of the moment spinning session along the Colne. I headed upriver with my normal light spinning gear fairly optimistic after recent success but it turned out to be one of those days when you wish you had really just stayed in bed and not bothered!

Although the water had cleared a bit from the previous few days it was still a bit too coloured for any hope of major success, although the fry were breaking the surface occasionally so the Bass were obviously feeding. Unfortunately the fish were not feeding on my lures and in the end I hammered away at it for about 4 hours and the only thing I got for it was a minor soaking from the occasional showers that were putting a dampener on things.

Just to add insult to injury, I managed to get a wet foot when a three-month old pair of Derriboots started leaking unexpectedly (shan't be buying any more of those again) and I managed to put a crack in the spigot of my favourite carp rod which has written it off. Although I've had it for years and it's seen a lot of abuse, it's still a bit of a shame to have to say goodbye to it; especially as it has caught me an awful lot of fish. All in all not the best of days.